Thursday, December 3, 2009

Hair Dynamics Test



I decided to set up a separate YouTube account for this project. The address is, www.youtube.com/angelafyp

The above is a video of a test I was working on. Since I had never done Maya hair before, I decided to explore it to help me make my decision on whether I should use dynamic hair for Angela's hair. And thus, I created a very rough model of a face (you can laugh!) and attached a hair system. The main goal of this test was to ensure the believability of the hair movement and not let it go wild all over the place with the jerkiest of the movements of the head. No styling was intended in this test.

This definitely took me a lot of time to accomplish, but then again, this is a one time thing. I know what I need to play around with in order to get the look I need, hence I hope that when I implement this technique on my actual characters, my workflow would be a lot faster.

Comments and critiques are most welcome :)

No comments:

Post a Comment