Sunday, December 13, 2009

All About Fire

So I started texturing my set yesterday, and today my prime focus was on the fireplace. Hence, I UV mapped the stone wall and textured it appropriately. I also made some parts appeared burned due to the consistent use of fire.

I moved onto shading and texturing the logs. I decided to go for a procedural approach as that would give me more randomization and interesting looks as compared to bitmap textures. Hence, I created a shading network. I wanted to have the effect of red hot wood burning on certain parts of the log:





I rendered the image with a light to see how the textures and shaders interact with one another:



Next, I created particle fire and had it rendered in the scene as well:





Lighting is not finalized as yet. Comments are most welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment