Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Angela 3rd Model

From consultation with Alan previously, he mentioned that the latest version of Angela looks a lot like Gollum. He advised that if it were him, he would re-do it. So I took his advise. He suggested me to find a suitable girl to be scanned in using the 3D scanner so that it would make my modeling job a lot easier.

I had my friend come down for her to be scanned in using the school's 3D scanner. Apparently, there was something missing and the person in charge of that missing something was on leave. So the scanning could not happen. So I took her photographs from the front and side view and some detailed close-ups as well. I will not put up those pictures here to respect her privacy.

I took those photographs and edited them in photoshop by correcting the lens distortion. Then, I placed them respectively in the Maya orthographic viewports and modeled using a plane instead of a cube. This method proved to be much more efficient for me.







Not perfect yet, but I hope it looks a lot better than the previous version. I realised that using this plane approach rather than the box modeling approach, I had a lot more control visually as to how I move the vertices and tweak them. I did this over a period of one and a half days. The ear is yet to be modeled.

No comments:

Post a Comment