Saturday, December 5, 2009

Modeling Updates

I started modeling the assets for this production. These are the few that I'm more or less done with:






The armchair has proportion issues I think, but I'll deal with that last. I also started on modeling Angela' head. I started out with the eye and the eye shader:







I realised that I have completely lost my touch on modeling. For the past one year, I had spent so much time on practicing lighting that I've just lost grip on modeling. My speed has deteriorated terribly and it's taking me very long to get the results I want. As you can see above, I'm pretty much done with the eye area and have roughly blocked out the mouth shape. The nose seems a little wrong at the moment, so I plan to fix that as well. Once the mouth is complete, I will then define the cheekbones.

Meanwhile, I made the decision to use Shake as my compositing package rather than After Effects. The reason behind that is that I'm very used to node-based approach and when I want to troubleshoot my composition, it's easier. I can just find the problem right there in the node tree rather than having to go through each and every layer in After Effects and finding which effect or preset is causing me problems. Coming from a Fusion background, the overall Shake approach seemed fine to me because the same principles of compositing applied. I just had to get used to the different names of the nodes and their functions. Hence, I spent some time teaching myself this program and decided to do a little test, using the moodboard I initially created.





The only problem I'm facing right now is color correction. I need to read up more on that. I pray the school library has the Shake book. I plan to do that during the Christmas break.

No comments:

Post a Comment