Monday, November 23, 2009

Second Sequence of Animatics

Something bad happened. It happened during P1 too during the most important times - technical failure! Not technical difficulty, literally technical failure!

Three days ago, my computer received a virus and refused to start up. Luckily, I was able to access it through safe mode once and backup all my FYP and other important data onto my external HDD. Then, I had to reformat, which is such a painful, long and tedious process. I had to instal every single program back, configure my computer again to its maximum potential and install all the updates! Real pain! It took up my whole day and I couldn't get any work done.

When everything was finally set-up (almost!), I decided to continue on the second sequence. So far, I have 36 shots in total completed. Here are a few screenshots from the second sequence:






This sequence is entirely lit using the night sky or moonlight. There are no other sources of light, except at the last part. My focus again is on look development. So I've been a lot of attention to the cinematography. In this sequence, tension is built up again, hence I decided to use longer shots. After a while, I couldn't quite figure out on what kind of shots to use. Thus, I decided to export the animatic and mix the audio to whatever I have so far. This gave me more ideas and made me re-arrange some of my shots in different order, and this in turn made me change my audio accordingly. So it's a back and forth process, which is really helpful in times when I have no idea how to continue my shots.

I hope I'm able to finish the animatics on time. Also, I hope I'm able to handle all the shots once production starts. I think it's getting a lot more intensive than what I had imagined this project to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment