Sunday, November 8, 2009

First

This blog will contain all my production history. Since I kind of started late on my blog, I’ll jus fill in with what my project is about.

When I graduate and look for a job in the industry, I want to enter as a 3D lighting/rendering artist. Be it for 3D animation or visual effects. I just enjoy the process of lighting. There’s no greater satisfaction for me other than to take a scene, light it up and watch the final rendered version emoting different moods and feelings. I feel that lighting plays a very important part in telling a story visually, and this love for lighting and rendering has motivated me to revolve my FYP around that.

Thus, my project is a prologue of another story of a much larger scale. My prologue is about this 8-year old British girl, Angela, who lost her father during World War II and was orphaned. The bigger story is about how she moves on to an orphanage and as she grows, she realises that she has to fulfil her father’s dream of finding her mother. But my prologue is going to focus solely on how Angela was orphaned.

The goal of my FYP? To do relevant lighting and rendering to emote different moods and feelings throughout the story using different color palletes. In the beginning of the story, I have this sequence where a train is chugging along the European countryside and in it, we see Angela for the first time sitting alone in a compartment and reflecting on how she was orphaned.

Well that’s enough verbal description for now. In the next few posts, I would be posting up my storyboards, character sketches and some concept art that I have done so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment