Monday, November 16, 2009

Moodboard Animation

I’m not really supposed to be focused on this, but anyway…

I tested some animation on grass using hair dynamics. I then separated out all the layers during rendering and rendered them at HD resolution (2.35:1) using the school computers. After the render, I took all the passes in After Effects and composited them.

Comments are most welcome please :)

P.S.: Rendered in Maya using mental Ray. No global illumination or final gather used.

As far as my animatics are concerned, I’m done with roughly 1 minute. I showed it to a couple of my friends and Alan, and they seem to accept it. At least they could tell what was going on, which of course made me really happy. This was a good motivational boost for me. The only issue was the background score. Alan suggested that there was no surprise about the bombing event as the music already hinted that something bad was about to happen. Since my story is all about look development through mood, then I should have a happy family time being disrupted by warfare events and have my background score tell that part of the story. He made a lot of sense. So I would be working on that.

No comments:

Post a Comment