Thursday, November 19, 2009

Animatics – First bombing sequence finishing…

002

The consultation with Alan went quite alright today. He mentioned that he could refer to the mood I was trying to emote with my camera angles, which made me feel really happy. I was and still am focused a lot on the cinematography of this short film as I work on the animatics. I had issues continuing the pacing of the story after Angela’s father went to put out the fire. I thought of the fireplace idea again, and Alan told me that I could make him use a bucket of sand to put out the fire.

However, I was running out of camera angles and shot sizes. I realised I had used almost every kind of camera techniques – zoom, dolly, crane, rack focus and ‘zolly’ (zoom + dolly). I then thought of one of the making-of featurettes that I had watched previously of some Michael Bay movie. I remembered seeing a cameraman running behind and actor with a camera mounted on some kind of tripod.So I thought I could probably have that kind of effect in the shot, as seen above.

Alan also mentioned that audio in my short film is a very important element in conveying the mood to the audience. I couldn’t agree more with this. I pray I have enough time left to mix in the SFX and music properly before the interim next Wednesday.

Well, I’m kind of happy that this first bombing sequence should be finishing. The above image is a still from a second last shot of the sequence. Hopefully over the weekend, I can finish off the second bombing sequence, and finally, spend next Monday working on the opening and ending sequences. Then on Tuesday, I would be finalizing my character designs.

Lots to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment